Job Identification Number: 5842
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Category: Information Technology and Systems
Reports To: Country Director
Supervision of: Project Manager, Security Officer, Logistics Officer, Finance Officer, HR/Admin Officer, ICT Officer, M&E Officer
Project Number: NGFP0000
Duration and sort of contract: 1 yr, fastened time period contract (with risk of extension)
Roles and Responsibilities
- The goal of the Area Manager place is to make sure prime quality and price efficient programme/undertaking implementation inside the designated geographical space.
- In Nigeria, this place is a member of the County Management Group (CMG). The following is a short description of the position.
- Line administration for senior undertaking workers and help capabilities within the space
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC insurance policies, steerage and procedures
- Provide space particular enter on CC methods, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening and closure conferences at space degree
- Implementation of tasks (together with grasp help price range and coordinating enter for donor proposals and studies) within the space, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. high quality, synergies, timeliness, use of sources).
- Ensure optimum use of sources inside the allotted undertaking budgets and CC methods
- Represent NRC and networking on space degree
- Ensure that capability constructing is offered to all workers within the space
- Ensure total safety and security of workers within the space
- Assess wants, develop emergency response and implement response plans
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in step with the advocacy technique.
- Represent to all acceptable authorities and act in all official work regarding the Norwegian Refugee Council in Plateau State, Nigeria
- Establish an excellent working setting primarily based on the NRC values
- Coordinate all space degree programme and operational actions
- Conduct common subject missions to observe undertaking implementation
- Lead the realm Grants administration (Grants Opening, Review and Closing assembly) with the coordination and technical help of the Grants Manager and Head of Programs.
- Identify, provoke and comply with up on advocacy points at space degree in shut coordination with the Advocacy Manager and Country Director.
- Ensure help capabilities are managed based on NRC insurance policies
- Ensure legally binding monetary contracts and funds at space degree are made as per the brink restrict stipulated on the authorization desk.
- In collaboration with the HSS Manager, be sure that the Security Plan for the realm is up to date repeatedly
- Report to the Country Director any violations of NRC’s Personnel insurance policies and Code of Conduct
- Ensure that NRC workers adheres to NRC´s safety guidelines and tips
- Ensure high quality documentation of all NRC actions at space degree
- Through shut monitoring of the context, develop approaches and actions making certain promotion of the Do No Harm precept
- Strategy and undertaking planning: Head of Programmes, Protection and Advocacy Manager, HSS Manager, Head of Support
- Programme improvement: Head of Programmes, Grants Manager
- Protection and Advocacy Manager
- Finance and logistics division and HR administration: Head of Support
Scale and Scope of Position:
- Staff: 1 Project Manager, 1 Security Officer, 1 Logistics Officer, 1 Finance Officer, 1 HR/Admin Officer 1 M&E Officer, 1 Finance Officer, 1 RH/Admin Officer, 1 ICT Officer, Field Coordinators (when recruited)
- Stakeholders: State Government Officials, Local Community Leaders UN companies and INGOs.
- Budgets: (GIZ, NMFA)
- Information: GORS, Agresso, Webcruiter, Intranet
- Legal or compliance: Compliance with donor insurance policies and reporting obligations, Code of Conduct, Security Policies.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 4 years expertise in a senior administration degree place in a humanitarian/restoration or improvement context
- Experience from working in complicated and risky contexts
- Documented outcomes associated to the place’s obligations
- Knowledge on personal management expertise/profile
- Fluency in English, each written and verbal
- Some Knowledge/expertise of at the least two of the next program areas may a bonus: cash-based interventions, market primarily based programing, meals safety and livelihoods, training (vocational coaching), safety, peace constructing
Context / Specific Skills, Kowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria or West Africa
- Experience with quickly rising packages or startups
- Experience in supporting fundraising, improvement of stories proposals is a bonus
- Experience with group mobilization and engagement
- Experience establishing relationships and coordinating with authorities and conventional leaders
- Experience with community-based improvement and grants administration
- Able to coach and handle groups for efficient high quality implementation (to pay attention, advise, help, resolve conflicts, encourage, and so on.)
- Proven expertise and expertise in efficiently managing subject groups.
Behavioural Competencies (max 6):
- Managing sources to optimize outcomes
- Managing efficiency and improvement
- Empowering and constructing belief
- Handling insecure environments.
- The worker can be accountable for the obligations and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual.
- The following paperwork can be used for efficiency critiques:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.