Job ID: 2204438
Grade: No grade
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 30 Days
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Background of the Assignment
- The National Product Supply Chain Programme is an arm of the Food and Drug Services Department of the FMOH saddle with the accountability of harmonizing provide chains, figuring out coverage path and implementation of strategic plan for product provide chain together with public well being and important medicines provide chains within the nation.
- WHO has been offering technical help to enhance visibility and accountability within the provide chain system together with aligning strategic plan to coverage path.
- The National Supply Chain Policy was reviewed in 2016 whereas, the Supply Chain Strategic Plan was finalized in 2021. There had been some non-alignment and new gadgets launched within the strategic plan which weren’t addressed within the present coverage that requires motion to make sure that the coverage doc and the strategic plan are aligned.
- The Department of Food and Drug Services of the FMOH have subsequently, request the assist of WHO to evaluate the National Supply chain coverage.
Purpose of the Assignment
- To produce a revised Nigeria Supply Chain Policy for Pharmaceuticals and different Healthcare Products that’s all encompassing and ensures environment friendly and sustainable provide chain administration system that’s measurable and end in constructive well being outcomes
The NPSMP will put collectively a core technical group that may assist the method of the evaluate. The core technical group ought to comprise of presidency and growth companions concerned in provide chain work within the nation.
- The consultants will work with the core technical group, NPSMP and WHO to hold out the duty
- Conduct desk evaluate on coverage paperwork, pointers and different documentations that will affect provide chain actions within the nation
- Develop a coverage temporary that may function advocacy device for the state degree engagement, engender uptake/adoption of the coverage for implementation on the state and LGA degree
- Lead the technical assist within the growth of the deliverables
- Workshop facilitations
- Support the dissemination of the coverage on the nationwide Level
- Develop an inception report detailing how the deliverables will likely be achieved
- Validated revised Nigeria Supply chain coverage that’s aligned with the present National Supply chain technique
- Validated Nigeria Supply chain coverage Implementation plan with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan
- Validated Policy Briefs that may engender coverage buy-in
- Detailed finish of consultancy report
Number of days and particulars as to how the work should be delivered (reporting requirement):
- The consultancy interval will likely be from May 2022 to July 2022 with the precise 30 days for every of the consultants.
|S / No||Activities||
No of Days
No of Days
|1||Conduct desk evaluate of insurance policies, pointers and SOPs, at nationwide, sub-National ranges that may assist the scenario evaluation and the drafting of the National Supply Chain Policy||7||5 Days|
|2||Revision of the National Supply Chain Policy||7||7|
|3||Develop the Implementation plan for the National Supply Chain Policy||7||7|
|4||Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan||2||7|
|5||Development of coverage briefs that may result in coverage buy-in and evaluate methods for the developed coverage||6||3|
|6||Detailed finish of contract report||1||1|
|Total||30 Days||30 Days|
|Please word that the variety of days allotted consists of days for conferences and workshop|
Indicators to guage the advisor’s efficiency:
- Timely submission of the deliverables
- Transparency and accountability in relation to this task
- Quality of paperwork produced
- All info pertaining to this task which the Consultant could encounter and/or produce within the efficiency of his/her duties beneath this consultancy shall stay the property of WHO Nigeria who shall have unique rights.
- Except for functions of this task, the data shall not be disclosed to the general public or utilized in no matter type with out written permission of WHO Nigeria according to nationwide and worldwide Copyright Laws relevant.
Coordination and reporting necessities:
- The advisor will work in shut collaboration with the NPSMP job staff, beneath the direct supervision of the WHO National Professional Officer for Essential Drugs and Medicines in addition to the HSS Cluster Lead.
Technical Supervision / Reporting
The chosen Consultant will work beneath the supervision of and report back to:
- Cluster Coordinator:
- Dr. VIVAS TORREALBA, Claudia Mercedes
- ULC Cluster Lead
- Omotayo Hamzat
- NPO, HSS/EDM, WHO Nigeria
Qualifications / Expertise Sought
Required academic background, years of related work expertise, different particular abilities or data required:
- Advanced University Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Global Health, Business administration or different related levels.
- At least 7 years’ demonstrable expertise in pharmaceutical providers, growth and analysis, evaluate and strategic and operational planning
- Familiarity with the availability chain panorama for important medicines and public well being merchandise within the nation
- Familiarity with present debates and approaches to Universal Health Coverage and important medication and medicines pharmaceutical analysis and growth inside the native, state, nationwide and worldwide enviornment
- Experience within the growth of Implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation plan
- Experience working with the UN System and or different worldwide businesses
- The advisor will likely be paid day by day charge on the degree of NOC step1 for the 30 days.
|S / No||Milestones for Payment||Percentage to be Paid||Estimated date of cost|
|A||Signing the contract and authorised Inception report and submission of inception report||20%||5 Days|
|C||Validated Supply Chain Policy and its Implementation Plan and M&E Plan and detailed finish of contract report||30%||7|