Street Child is a UK charity working to guard susceptible youngsters and enhance entry to schooling in among the poorest communities on this planet. We work in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal and since November 2016, Street Child has been concerned within the Humanitarian response in North East Nigeria.
Street Child works within the fields of schooling, little one safety and livelihoods, working to ship sustainable options and create most affect. Our work combines counselling, household mediation, enterprise assist, college constructing, trainer coaching and little one safety. We have been a key participant within the Ebola disaster and led the worldwide response for youngsters orphaned by Ebola in Sierra Leone and Liberia. We ship all our programmes by native companions and, since 2008, collectively we have now constructed/renovated over 200 faculties and are actually serving to to teach over 40,000 younger individuals.
About the Job
- Street Child has a uncommon alternative for a powerful, resourceful skilled to drive ahead our flagship Nigeria programme. We are a quickly creating worldwide youngsters’s charity with distinctive programming in 20 of the world’s lowest revenue and most crisis-affected nations.
- Our high-impact tasks chase good points in schooling and safety outcomes for essentially the most marginalised youngsters – by signature built-in schooling, little one safety and livelihoods initiatives. Working alongside wonderful native NGOs is on the coronary heart of Street Child’s method globally. In Nigeria, we’re recognised as an impressive INGO for championing and strengthening native companions.
- The crux of this position is to construct on our wonderful monitor file within the North East, and lead on geographic growth, with a right away concentrate on the North West.
- The Country Director will lead a 30+ nation workforce and 10+ native companion community to realize these targets, with a robust private concentrate on useful resource mobilisation and strategic degree exterior illustration with our companions, UN companies, donors and governmental authorities. Specifically, this role-holder will probably be straight accountable for the robust administration and supply of Street Child’s c.$4m p/annum programme portfolio.
- This is a terrific alternative for somebody who has country-level management expertise already, or for a senior programmes chief who’s hungry for the subsequent step. We are in search of somebody with the expertise, drive and inter-personal relationships to take possession of our Nigeria portfolio.
- You could have the administration and operational expertise to drive wonderful, evidence-driven programmes, with a robust background in humanitarian contexts and ideally expertise in schooling (and/or safety and livelihoods).
- This just isn’t an ‘ivory tower’ position; you’ll be hands-on and agile throughout a number of programmes and budgets, and deeply concerned in constructing profile and strategic relationships with donors, authorities and native companions.
People & Organisational Management:
- Ensure optimum monetary, human and bodily useful resource allocation and administration and high quality requirements (for profitable implementation of the nation’s and group’s strategic plan and mission.
- Oversee the recruitment, orientation, and efficiency of senior employees and improvement of center administration employees; demonstrating wholesome engagement, robust senior administration groups, tradition of innovation, and efficient expertise administration.
- Oversight of strong implementation of related processes and insurance policies, particularly regarding safeguarding, safety, HR, finance, due diligence, and native partnership in step with Street Child requirements.
- Lead and take all applicable actions to make sure promotion and enforcement of the Safeguarding Policy and observe up on any findings to handle any gaps or weaknesses.
Business Development and Resources Mobilisation:
- Expand the visibility and status of Street Child amongst stakeholders as authorities, donors, and inside the humanitarian construction, constructing robust and strategic relationships.
- Ensure the group is acknowledged by stakeholders (related authorities authorities, donors, different NGOs, media and so forth) as a robust little one improvement group and credible reference level and chief on associated points.
- Lead and oversee the grants acquisition and administration effort within the nation making certain long-term programmes and achievement of annual targets.
- Represent Street Child at excessive degree nationwide discussion board with pro-active participation, contributing to discussions of curiosity and related to the work and the operations of the organisation.
- Ensure correct engagement and compliance with authorities rules to take care of the standing of INGO and be capable of implement in present and new places
Programme Management & Strategy:
- Lead the event and execution of high-quality nation strategic plan related to the native context and reflecting the worldwide technique and priorities.
- Ensuring the nation portfolio is in step with the technique and programme framework; pursuing an influencing agenda; creating partnerships and collaboration for best affect.
- Overseeing and supporting the Senior Programme Team to make sure well timed, efficient, quality-assured, impact-focused and worth for cash supply of programmes.
- Ensure that every one grants are managed based on the required requirements in pursuit of high quality packages with ample inside management in accordance with organizational insurance policies/procedures and donor phrases and situations.
- Lead the event of a technique and plans to strengthen and evolve partnerships throughout the nation.