Job ID: 35020
Salary Grade: P3
Hardship Level: C
Family Location Type: Family
- Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
- Direct supervision is generally exercised by a Snr External Relations Officer of Representative who gives steerage on the relevant procedures.
- Advice can also be supplied by related purposeful items at HQ.
- The incumbent could supervise some help employees.
- External contacts are predominantly with Partners, media, authorities embassies and different worldwide organizations on issues of significance to the Organization.
- All UNHCR employees members are accountable to carry out their duties as mirrored of their job description.
- They achieve this inside their delegated authorities, according to the regulatory framework of UNHCR which incorporates the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions in addition to related accountability frameworks.
- In addition, employees members are required to discharge their duties in a fashion in keeping with the core, purposeful, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for variety.
- Stay abreast of the challenges posed by the political context, the UN and humanitarian reform, and institutional developments within the space of pressured displacement and humanitarian operations.
- Assist within the planning of a consultative course of with UNHCR colleagues (Programme, Protection, and so on.) with exterior actors and companions, in order to develop and implement safety and help technique, with clearly articulated goals, timelines and outputs.
- Assist the implementation of a communications technique that generates help for UNHCR s operations from exterior companions (e.g. most people, governments, companions, the media, academia and individuals of concern).
- Assist within the articulation of all points pertaining to the wants of the populations of concern and the methods in place to reply to their wants.
- Inform the UNHCR Country Team on the UNHCR priorities in order to make sure that they’re given ample weight within the publications and documentation of the UN Country Team.
- Assist within the dialogue with donors and embassies and supply correct data by organizing common briefings, bilateral conferences and missions. Prepare experiences as acceptable.
- In accordance with the operational context and in shut cooperation with headquarters, suggest new and non-traditional funding sources, as acceptable, together with personal sector and humanitarian pooled/basket funds (e.g. Central Emergency Response Fund, Human Security Fund).
- Through a consultative course of with headquarters, disseminate data on UNHCR¿s international funding scenario and mobilize further funds to implement particular tasks geared toward enhancing the standard of safety for individuals of concern within the nation operation.
- Participate on behalf of the Representative and different supervisors in inter-agency cooperation and communication methods, initiatives and instruments.
- Support senior administration in representing UNHCR within the UN Country Team and different UN coordination fora.
- Support, and take part in, native UN built-in missions, Inter-Agency Standing Committee, Emergency Relief Coordinator and Cluster communication methods and initiatives.
- Assist within the administration of data flows inside the nation operations by figuring out precedence issues, securing, analyzing and disseminating documentation and data to help nation operations and company communication processes and priorities.
- Consolidate data on UNHCR¿s nation operations and establish acceptable messages for campaigns and appeals.
- Assist within the coordination of the drafting of, scenario experiences, briefing notes, background materials, speaking factors, truth sheets, press releases and articles.
- Assist within the improvement of focused communications methods and media packages for conditions and/or actions that require targeted consideration.
- Propose occasions and initiatives (e.g. industrial, cultural, political and sports activities) to advertise the work of UNHCR and take motion as acceptable.
- Support the administration of media relations by, inter alia, responding to direct queries, publishing press releases and organizing common briefings and visits to nation operations.
- On behalf of the Representative, approve fundraising messages.
- On behalf of the Representative, approve any related expenditure for the implementation of fundraising actions.
- Propose which donors to method and which operations or actions to prioritize for particular fundraising appeals.
- Implement all facets of a communications technique.
- Approve budgets and expenditures for communications actions.
- Clear exterior relations/communication merchandise and instruments as acceptable.
- Represent UNHCR on behalf of senior administration in fund-raising and communication priorities in inter-agency initiatives and fora.
- Perform different associated duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For P3/NOC – 6 years related expertise with Undergraduate Degree; or 5 years related expertise with Graduate Degree; or 4 years related expertise with Doctorate Degree
Field(s) of Education:
- Political Sciences, Social Sciences, International Relations, Journalism, or different related area. (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are important)
Certificates and/or Licenses:
Relevant Job Experience
- Experience in humanitarian operations in a area setting.
- Excellent information of native establishment, politics and tradition.
- Good information of UNHCR operations each at Headquarters and within the Field.
- Fund-raising and programming/programme administration expertise.
- Experience of working with social media.
- IT-Web Content Management
- IT-Computer Literacy
- CO-Drafting and Documentation
- ER-Inter-Agency External Relations (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are important)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the responsibility station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the responsibility station if not English and native language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the responsibility station if not English.
- C001L3 – Accountability Level 3
- C002L3 – Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
- C003L3 – Communication Level 3
- C004L3 – Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
- C005L3 – Client & Result Orientation Level 3
- C006L3 – Organizational Awareness Level 3
- M001L3 – Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
- M002L3 – Managing Performance Level 3
- M006L3 – Managing Resources Level 3
- M005L3 – Leadership Level 3
- M003L3 – Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
- X004L3 – Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Level 3
- X002L3 – Innovation and Creativity Level 3
- X001L3 – Analytical Thinking Level 3
- X007L3 – Political Awareness Level 3