Job Identification Number: 5835
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports To: Head of Programmes
Supervision of: Grants Coordinator/s
Duration and kind of contract: 12 Months
Background / Context
- Since 2015, NRC Nigeria has been working to assist displacement affected communities meet their primary wants, enhance their livelihoods, entry important companies, and improve their resilience to future shocks by way of our six core competencies: water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Shelter, Education, Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS), Camp Management, and Protection. NRC gives instant help throughout the onset of emergencies by way of the fast response mechanism (RRM). In 2021, NRC reached over 269,000 folks with help.
- The disaster in Nigeria is marked by brutal violence towards civilians inflicting acute humanitarian wants and displacement. In the north-east, the 13-year battle has shattered lives, infrastructure, primary companies, and social cloth.
- Two million persons are internally displaced throughout Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states. Approximately half of those live inside native communities, placing growing stress on scarce sources. Access to meals is proscribed, significantly in Borno state the place most households are already dealing with disaster ranges of meals insecurity. Civilians, together with support staff, proceed to be the goal of lethal assaults by non-state armed teams and transport corridors are persistently insecure.
- In the north-west and north-central areas, violence and displacement are rooted in disputes over land and sources, which has been worsened by local weather change. Criminality is on the rise.
- Livelihood alternatives are scarce, and kids face an unsure future, unable to entry high quality training. Many households have both misplaced id papers whereas fleeing or by no means obtained them, hindering their means to entry important companies
- All NRC staff are anticipated to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall information our actions and relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The goal of the Grants Manager place is to offer important grant administration help to the Head of Programme in delivering high quality programmes in step with the NRC Country Strategy, PCM and Plan of Action. The Grants Manager will contribute to attaining prime quality programming by guaranteeing efficient grants administration together with, compliance necessities, reporting, well timed and high quality proposal improvement, and inside and exterior communication. S/he ensures NRC programme/help groups are totally knowledgeable of related donor compliance rules and NRC procedures, manages donor and different exterior reporting, and coordinates grant revisions. S/he additionally helps donor communication by guaranteeing efficient channels of inside and exterior communications referring to grants are established and revered. The Grants Manager helps improvement of proposals and alternative identification, as required.
- Adherence to NRC insurance policies, steerage and procedures
- Line administration of Grants Coordinators, together with improvement of the employees members, if relevant
- Develop and keep overview of all grants, donor necessities, guidelines and rules, and inside and exterior deadlines, together with submitting of grant paperwork (together with by way of the grants database – forthcoming)
- Coordinate the event of donor purposes and stories, in addition to guaranteeing donor compliance and high quality management
- Contribute to the event and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor stories
- Be up to date on donor priorities and monitor and share related requires proposals
- Document, analyze, and share studying from proposal and reporting course of, and compliance with donor guidelines and rules
- Contribute to repeatedly enhancing inside grant administration methods
- Provide an inside help-desk on donor associated points, together with set up and ship trainings in donor guidelines and rules, in addition to proposal and report writing
- Coordinate the event and distribution of inside stories
- Contribute to PCM trainings and utilization of the NRC PCM body work within the CO as delegated by the Head of Programme
- Support exterior donor audits
- Represent with related companions and donors as delegated
- Build optimistic working relationships with different groups within the Country Office to coordinate and help improvement of high-quality proposals utilizing related NRC Grant Management instruments and steerage (Go/ No-go guidelines, proposal improvement calendar, procurement plan, inside budgeting instrument);
- Coordinate proposal improvement for NRC Nigeria’s portfolio of donors;
- Work intently with funds holders, programme groups, and finance in addition to different stakeholders to compile correct proposal funds and assess whether or not all essential prices have been included.
- Review donor contracts, flag any factors which may problem NRC’s procedures, and help contract negotiations;
- Work with finance workforce to help/advise them in improvement of inside budgeting instrument and communication with area workplaces on allotted funds;
- Together with the Grants Coordinator, summarise in writing, key reporting and compliance necessities (compliance guidelines) together with potential points for Grant Opening Meetings;
- Coordinate with head of programmes, respective funds holders and finance with the intention to guarantee budgets are accurately allotted and aligned;
- Work with the related Area Manager/ CCS/PMs to make sure Grant Opening Meetings are organized and happen inside 30 days of the grant being activated.
Donor Reporting and Monitoring:
- Coordinate the finalisation of donor stories guaranteeing consistency between narrative and monetary stories and that they meet high quality requirements;
- Highlight essential monetary points equivalent to underneath/over spends to Head of Programmes, finance and Budget Holders, and comply with up;
- Provide technical help to related CCS/PMs and Budget Holders on monitoring points and funds revising (if required);
- Collaborate with the finance workforce to make sure donor funds traces as per the contract are in step with the monetary system (i.e. quantities haven’t modified because of new revenue instalments at totally different charges being acquired);
- Monitor grant fee schedules and revenue requests for respective portfolio, working intently with finance to make sure that is carried out in a well timed method;
- In collaboration with the Head of Programmes, Media and Communications Coordinator, contribute to the event of nation factsheets and different related data items for donor visits/conferences.
- Be acquainted with all NRC organizational and donor portfolio compliance necessities and guarantee prime quality administration of grants by way of assembly of KPIs and deadlines;
- Support and advise programme colleagues with queries associated to donor compliance on grants inside portfolio;
- Work with different departments (i.e. programmes, finance, M&E, Compliance Coordinator) to make sure all documentation required is prepared and accessible for audits (e.g. vouchers, distribution lists)
- Coordinate Close Out of grants in respective portfolio;
- Assist in coaching and capability constructing associated to NRC Grants Management/donor compliance as required.
- Ensure all documentation required to be stored by donors is accessible inside the Grants division by sustaining excessive normal data administration/submitting methods;
- Visit Regional and/or area workplaces to help with capability constructing of employees and companions and monitoring functions;
- Support the Grants Coordinators to make sure appropriate and up-to-date upkeep of Grants Tracker.
- Any different duties deledagted by the HoP
- By interfaces, NRC means processes and tasks which might be interlinked with different departments/items or individuals. Relevant interfaces for this place are:
- Project planning: CC Specialists, Finance, M&E, Head of Programme, Country Director, Regional Programme Advisor, Institutional Partnership Advisors
- Implementation: Area Manager, CC Project Managers, M&E Manager
Scale and Scope of the Position:
- Staff: 2 Grants Coordiantor
- Stakeholders: Donors, native NGOs, governmental our bodies, others as delegated.
- Information: Intranet, Share Drive
- Legal or compliance: Donor compliance
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Minimum of 4 years expertise from a grants administration place in a humanitarian/restoration context
- Experience from working with humanitarian and improvement donors
- Good data of humanitarian donor pointers and procedures
- Documented expertise in formulation of venture proposals and stories
- Detail oriented and powerful organizational expertise
- Communication expertise
- Fluency in English, each written and verbal.
Context / Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria most well-liked
- Minimum of 4 years related expertise in programme improvement, administration, fundraising and design within the humanitarian sector, ideally with refugee/IDP-related emergencies
- Previous expertise within the compilation of donor proposals and stories;
- Strong analytical expertise (information and monetary)
- Knowledge of donor guidelines and rules
- Knowledge of the political state of affairs in Nigeria
- Proficiency in the usage of Word and Excel
- Fluency in English, each written and verbal
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal expertise
- Ability to mediate in high-stress eventualities with competing curiosity.
- These are private qualities that affect how profitable persons are of their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the next are important for this place:
- Planning and delivering outcomes
- Managing sources to optimize outcomes
- Ability to work underneath stress and with restricted supervision
- Culturally delicate and dealing with a altering atmosphere
- Handling insecure environments.
- The worker will likely be accountable for the tasks and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following paperwork will likely be used for efficiency opinions:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.