Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was included in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest worldwide financial institution within the nation. It gives a variety of monetary services to company and industrial prospects, monetary establishments and public sector organizations. It affords deposit and mortgage merchandise, world transaction providers, money administration, gross sales and buying and selling, company finance and funding banking merchandise.
The firm was previously generally known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and altered its identify to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 individuals and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in whole property. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Head of Audit, Nigeria – General Manager
Job Req ID: 22458456
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Internal Audit
Job Family: Audit
- The Head of Audit – Nigeria is liable for performing audits and assessments of Citi’s threat and management environments in coordination with the Audit workforce.
- The general goal is to use in- depth disciplinary information via value-added views or advisory service to assist Citi attain enterprise objectives.
This position might be liable for:
- Execution of Country Audit assurance plan in step with Citi IA methodology by understanding regulatory panorama and key dangers associated to Citi franchise, overseeing and reviewing work accomplished by different workforce members and figuring out alternatives for enhancing effectivity and high quality of supply.
- Delivering on time prime quality Audit reviews, Internal Audit and Regulatory difficulty validation, in addition to enterprise monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Leading, offering supervision and growing medium-sized workforce of auditors inside the cluster to make sure high quality audit and regulatory supply.
- Representing Citi IA operate in discussions with regulators inside the cluster and delivering regulatory commitments.
- Partnering with the IA product and practical groups to make sure alignment and concentrate on essential priorities and oversee strategic coordination; together with monitoring progress and monitoring actions in attaining acknowledged essential priorities and making certain efficient communication and knowledge circulation throughout workforce leads.
- Working with IA Quality Assurance (QA) workforce to handle any QA findings, regulatory points towards IA and so forth.
- Working with IA Management Information (MI) workforce to analyse audit information in audit programs from a regional perspective; making certain corrections are made, as required, and following up to make sure errors detected are sustainably addressed.
- Appropriately assessing threat when enterprise selections are made, demonstrating specific consideration for the agency’s repute and safeguarding Citi, its shoppers and property, by driving compliance with relevant legal guidelines, guidelines and laws, adhering to Policy, making use of sound moral judgment relating to private behaviour, conduct and enterprise practices, and escalating, managing and reporting management points with transparency, in addition to successfully supervise the exercise of others and create accountability with those that fail to keep up these requirements.
- Maintaining an acceptable, pro-active, constructive, solutions-driven relationship because the impartial auditor with the Chief Country Officer (CCO); and assist the CCO within the fulfilment of their obligations in respect of governance, threat administration and inner management.
- Ensuring the Audit Committee, CCO and in-country Management receives immediate, well timed and full data regarding the actions of Internal Audit as a part of governance boards and common updates.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1st diploma. BA / BS or equal.
- Higher diploma or associated certifications (ACCA, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA, CISA, CAMS or related) is necessary.
- Minimum of 15 years of expertise (with no less than 12 years in banking) with no less than 2 years at Deputy General Manager/VP grade degree.
- Minimum of 5 years will need to have been in a senior place inside the audit operate
- Experience in no less than 3 main areas of banking.
- Experience in working with world groups and coping with built-in inner audit and assurance supply. Good understanding of banking sector.
- Prior expertise of conducting risk-based audits and presenting outcomes to administration. Experience in managing regulatory relationships and presenting insights into governance committees are a plus.
- Knowledge and expertise of threat difficulty administration standards, instruments, and strategies.
- Understanding of how dangers and management deficiencies should be prioritized and remediated throughout the primary and second line of protection.
- Exceptional candidates who don’t meet these standards could also be thought of for the position supplied they’ve the required abilities and expertise.
- Excellent communication abilities – each written and verbal; capability to digest huge quantities of data and be capable to succinctly current messages.
- Good numerical and analytical abilities. Ability to take care of information and derive insights. Advanced abilities with Excel. Demonstrating a excessive degree of analytical rigor in formulating goals and measuring outcomes. Operating with ardour and actual drive when pursuing objectives.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for interfacing with all ranges inside the group and past, together with senior administration and regulators. Effective influencing abilities, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ strategy in speaking points/requests.
- Pragmatic drawback solver, ahead thinker with independence of thought.
- Promotes a tradition of collaboration and teamwork throughout organizational boundaries; keen to interrupt down practical silos to optimize enterprise outcomes and to facilitate the general development of the franchise. Self-motivated and goal-oriented. Sense of urgency in implementing applications and evaluating priorities; decisive, action-oriented and sensible. Willing to problem and query the established order, making suggestions for choices and greatest options. Critical considering is a key requirement of the position, as themes associated to dangers and points across the group might be recognized and offered to key stakeholders, comparable to senior administration, the Audit Committee, Board, regulators and exterior audit features.
- Effective chief, with the ability to handle and develop auditors with completely different expertise and background, constructing a tradition of belief, assist and accountability.