Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Type: Volunteer
Placement Length: 9 months
Project – Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE)
- Cuso International will ship the Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE) venture, with a contribution from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) over seven years (2020-2027). SHARE goals to enhance the financial and/or social well-being of the poorest, most marginalized and susceptible individuals, significantly ladies and women, in growing international locations, with a view to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- In addition to growing engagement of Canadians in worldwide improvement and key international points, this venture will goal to extend the efficiency of nation companions to ship extra inclusive, revolutionary and environmentally sustainable improvement initiatives that advance gender equality, in help of the motion areas of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.
Partner – Gender and Development Action:
- GADA is a Local NGO in Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria. GADA is dedicated to gender fairness, the pursuit of sustainable improvement, and social justice in Nigeria.
The Volunteer’s Role
- Are you captivated with serving to organizations operate at optimum capability? in that case, this may be the position for you!
- As the Organizational Development Advisor, you’ll work intently with the operations and venture group to re-engineer their methods and develop the capability of native companions in a manner that displays the standard of help and packages that advance ladies’s rights, gender equality, and the empowerment of ladies and women.
As a Volunteer, you’ll:
- Facilitate organizational Change
- Analyze the organizations present tradition and construction.
- Train present staff on new strategies and packages.
- University Degree in related space (Social Sciences, Gender Studies)
- Experience within the improvement of operational plans and methods.
- Modest month-to-month residing allowance (varies relying on nation)
- Accommodation whereas in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work allow prices
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial treatment and medical insurance
- Pre-departure coaching and in-country orientation (extra particulars beneath)
- On the bottom help via our Cuso International nation program workplace
- Access to Employee Assistance Program whereas in placement and upon return.
- Bonus: Additional return flight house or money in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who prolong for an additional 6 months.