- The mission goals to assist a Nigeria the place all girls and women, notably probably the most susceptible, dwell a life free from violence and dangerous practices.
- We are satisfied that this may be achieved by offering important, protected and satisfactory multi-sectoral companies for victims and survivors of VAWG/SGBV/HP and the promotion of the sexual and reproductive well being rights of girls and women.
- Working with girls’s and women’ rights advocates and CSOs, FIDA Nigeria will advocate for gender-responsive budgeting at related authorities ministries and homes of meeting to remove VAWG/SGBV/HP and promote girls and woman’s sexual and reproductive well being rights on the nationwide and sub-national ranges.
- The particular person will work on the United Nations Spotlight Initiate (UNSI) Funded Project to Eliminate Violence in opposition to Women and Girls in Lagos State, Nigeria.
- The Program Officer will work below the general steering and supervision of the FIDA Nigeria National President/Country Vice President, National Secretary and different members of the National Executive Council, and would report to those people by means of the Programme Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
The profitable candidate will perform the next duties:
- Plan and implement the UNSI Project actions in Lagos State in shut collaboration with the resident FIDA State department and proactively cope with arising challenges, nuances or modifications.
- In collaboration with the resident FIDA state department, develop and keep stakeholder and community relationships that are important to the profitable implementation of the Project.
- Develop merchandise and put together Project and exercise stories, technical briefings, background papers and replace notes for the UNSI within the state.
- Contribute to the adherence to donor/grant necessities, together with monetary requirements.
- Collaborate with the Accounts Unit to make sure the correct administration of monetary information, together with the availability of full documentation for requests and retirements.
- Support the sleek and efficient circulation of communication between FIDA Nigeria and the State department.
- Demonstrates data of programme administration cycle, together with monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrates skilled competence in girls and youngsters’s rights, rule of legislation in addition to, data of associated insurance policies and practices on the nationwide, regional and worldwide ranges
- Ability to establish and contribute to the answer of issues/points with a show of persistency
- Conscientious and environment friendly in assembly commitments, observing deadlines, and attaining outcomes
- Motivated by skilled drive relatively than private considerations
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues inside and outdoors of FIDA Nigeria to realize organizational targets;
- Ability to solicit inputs by genuinely valuing the concepts and experience of others;
- Willingness to study from others;
- Support and act in accordance with staff and organizational choices
Planning & Organizing:
- Ability to determine priorities, to plan, coordinate, and monitor work whereas prioritizing competing calls for
- Foresight for dangers and contingencies when planning
- Ability to watch and modify plans and tasks as obligatory
- Ability to put in writing in a transparent and concise method and to speak successfully with a spread of audiences, together with the flexibility to arrange stories and make displays in quite a lot of fora;
- Ability to conduct displays by clearly formulating positions on points, articulating choices concisely, conveying most obligatory info in addition to making and defending suggestions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the next: Law, Sociology & Related fields
- Legislative advocacy can be an added benefit
Minimum Required Experience:
- 2 years’ work expertise in addressing girls and youngsters’s rights points
- Experience in mission implementation
Interested and certified candidates ought to ship their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter addressed to the “Country Vice-President / National President” to: firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com utilizing “Application for the Position of Formative Researcher [Kaduna State]” as the topic of the e-mail.