- The challenge Manager (PM) is to offer management and total each day administration of International Medical Corps (IMC) actions in Shani LGA, Borno.
- Together with Program Director, Nutrition Coordinator and program workers, he/she participates in defining intervention priorities, develop needed contacts and relationships with authorities, non-government, donors and UN businesses on the area stage
- Contribute to the event of methods and handle present packages and sources, and supply each day supervision, administration and training to a large staff of IMC workers in Shani LGA.
- He/she ensures that IMC program in Shani delivers the best stage of high quality of diet and livelihood interventions which might be outlined on the Resilience and Social Cohesion challenge funded by WFP, focusing on 3,250 HHs which can embody 3,050 kids of 6-23 months and a pair of,550 pregnant and lactating girls in Shani LGA, with Nutrition and Livelihood interventions comprising of cash-based switch by means of e-voucher, IGA and VSLA actions.
- The PM will likely be anticipated to make sure well timed, accountable and protection-sensitive supply of the Cash-based transfers by means of e-voucher modality, mentor and handle area workers, guarantee open traces of communication with WFP and with IMC Safety Unit.
- The PM is accountable for reporting on program supply to inner and exterior stakeholders, in collaboration with the Program Director, Nutrition Coordinator and M&E Coordinator.
- Program improvement will even be a key side, relevance and appropriateness of distribution modalities and dealing with the Nutrition Coordinator, Program Director and donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall accountability for the administration of Nutrition and Livelihood actions to make sure that focused susceptible beneficiaries have secure entry to enough high quality and amount of meals by means of offering entry to diet and livelihood help
- Ensures that program wants on the area website are met with enough operational assist by means of common conferences with WFP challenge workers, Finance-Administration, Human Resources, and Procurement
- Participate in program exercise planning, implementation, technique, wants evaluation, conferences, and so forth
- Ensure workers coaching and capability constructing as needed to satisfy the wants of implementing packages
- Report to Program Director, and duplicate Nutrition Coordinator, WFP challenge supervisor, logistics Coordinator and Finance Director in a well timed method
- Logistics administration (with technical assist from Logistic Coordinator, area logistics officer make sure that IMC logistics procedures are carried out and revered
- Work intently with logistics to make sure workers security issues for all area journey, together with generally to much less safe places
- Overall accountability for assembly donor targets and compliance necessities by means of actions, technique of enterprise actions, and in all documentation (monetary, logistics and so forth).
- Line-manage nationwide challenge workers, conducting efficiency evaluations, setting targets and making certain anticipated efficiency standards are met
- Adapt the challenge’s staff construction in line with wants, sources and capacities
- Ensure prime quality challenge implementation in accordance with donor and IMC rules in addition to consistent with agreed log frames/indicators, budgets, procurement plans, and work plans.
- Oversee the increasing WFP-funded programming in Borno state as can be needed
- Ensure efficient data administration from Nutrition and Livelihood programming, working with M&E Coordinator, making certain knowledge safety the place related
- Ensure that the Resilience and Social Cohesion challenge actions are effectively documented and that the institutional reminiscence of IMC Nigeria is preserved
- Work intently with Logistics and Procurement Manager and Supply Chain Officer so as to make sure that correct documentation and accountability of provides is consistent with donor necessities and finest warehousing / distribution practices.
Finance / HR / Admin Management:
- With technical assist from Finance Director and HR Coordinator, to make sure that IMC finance and HR procedures are carried out and revered
- Submit common money requests and forecasts primarily based on exercise wants
- Coordinate with funds holders and Finance unit to make sure enough for assist for program operations
- Ensure that area finance/admin and implement applicable accounting, money administration, wage funds, HR procedures and file different administrative points
- With the Budget Holder, make sure that actions and bills are often monitored and, as wanted, motion plans with follow-up are developed to right any over- or underspending in a well timed method.
Coordination and Representation:
- Represent IMC in conferences related to IMC’s FS work in Nigeria, together with at conferences with companions, donors, authorities officers and cluster/coordination conferences.
- Ensure reporting and liaison to native authorities, as wanted
- Ensure IMC’s programming strategy is understood and appropriately understood by all stakeholders
- Develop and preserve efficient working relationships with all stakeholders – together with group leaders, NGOs, UN businesses, community-based organizations
- Pro-active communication and coordination with different IMC groups (programmatic and assist features) to make sure secure, well timed, efficient and accountable achievement of targets and targets Ensure that data from coordination conferences is shared internally and with different sectors, as applicable.
- Represent the IMC in coordination mechanisms and conferences with different businesses, together with the Ministry of Health, WHO and different UN businesses, non-governmental organizations, or donors
- Regular coordination and liaison with WFP, the Food Security and Nutrition Sectors’ Working Group companions and different actors within the area, contributing to shaping the general FS technique of the NE Nigeria response.
- Advocate with and/or advise peer businesses, native authorities, and different stakeholders to affect responses to advertise supply of inclusive and high-quality diet response providers.
- Coordinate and monitor distributors chosen to supply Cash-based transfers by means of e-voucher modality to beneficiaries
- Pro-actively liaise and construct good rapport with INGO, UN, native authority officers, group representatives, and some other related stakeholders
- Supervise and assist the operational and program workers to make sure that work is completed correctly and effectively
- Routinely monitor and conduct workers efficiency value determinations in line with their job description and set targets, by means of the IMC Performance Management
Donor Relations / Funding:
- Reports in a constant and well timed method to IMC managers and donors with regard to challenge progress and future plans.
- Represent the group to different implementing companions, authorities, and donor entities at area stage – primarily WFP. Help construct robust relationships with donors and UN businesses at area stage to make sure predictable funding for IMC’s FSL and Nutrition programming in Nigeria.
- Monitor developments and decide strategic alternatives associated to the FS and Nutrition sectors
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Reporting:
- Participate as required in challenge kick-off, closeout and evaluate conferences. Ensure documentation and comply with up of motion factors in a well timed method.
- Include the participation of beneficiaries and communities, notably these most susceptible or at-risk, in all levels of the challenge cycle the place applicable.
- Ensure that every one Livelihood and Nutrition actions are included in challenge M&E plans and work intently with M&E Coordinator to make sure studying is institutionalized in programming. Ensure key classes realized are included in new FS challenge proposals.
- Strengthen accountability actions for Cash-based transfers by means of e-voucher modality, IGA and VSLA making certain that suggestions from all related stakeholders is taken into account in program design.
- Lead on month-to-month reporting to WFP (Maiduguri), and contribute considerably to improvement of finish of challenge narrative stories
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) requirements inside International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a tradition of compliance and ethics all through International Medical Corps.
- As relevant to the place, maintains a transparent understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics requirements and adheres to these requirements. Conducts work with the best stage of integrity.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Management Studies (Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science, Social Works and Administration, International Development, Public Health)
- Minimum of three years technical expertise in meals safety programming, together with managing WFP-funded initiatives
- Demonstrated success in constructing techniques for monitoring and reporting on IGA and VSLA
- Understanding of safety ideas, battle sensitivity
- Proven means to construct exterior relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a posh and demanding atmosphere.
- Proficiency in widespread laptop packages and monetary software program i.e., Word, Excel, Power level and so forth.
- Ability to validate and interpret knowledge
- Must present means to work in an remoted and difficult atmosphere.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Work experiences in Shani LGA is most well-liked
- High stage of communication and public relations expertise
- Proficiency in Microsoft workplace packages.
Interested and certified candidates ought to ship their Applications to “the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” by way of: firstname.lastname@example.org utilizing the Job Title and Location as the topic of the mail.