Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria
Starting date: 01/05/2022
Contract length: 8 months
Reporting to: Medical Coordinator
Supervision of: Project Officers, LGA Supervisors,
Dependents: Non-family responsibility station
General context of the undertaking
Since 2009, the Boko Haram insurgency has crippled northeastern Nigeria. Borno State continues to be most affected, with over 1.8 million internally displaced individuals (IDPs). Recent advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved humanitarian entry in 22 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno however have additionally revealed the extent of the disaster. In newly accessible areas, primary infrastructure has been destroyed, important companies are non-existent, and most native governance methods should not practical.
In help to the UN-led coordinated humanitarian response within the area, INTERSOS is implementing 10 initiatives addressing essential gaps in Health, Nutrition, WASH, Protection, Food Security, Livelihoods, and Camp Coordination and Camp Management companies for a extremely weak inhabitants within the accessible host communities in of Ngala, Bama, Dikwa, Banki, Damasak, Monguno, Magumeri, Konduga, and Maiduguri Metropolitan Center, Borno State, Nigeria.
General objective of the place
The Project Manager will guarantee planning and supply of all parts of INTERSOS Nigeria COVAX Project as a key element of the COVID19 response undertaking funded by ECHO and facilitate a coherent strategy to INTERSOS Nigeria COVID19 general response.
S/he’ll function INTERSOS Nigeria focus for actions associated to COVAX undertaking as a key element of the COVID-19 preparedness and response:
The COVAX Project Manager will:
- attend related conferences at nationwide and/or area degree,
- gather suggestions and supply enter and steerage on nationwide pointers
- guarantee good coordination between the totally different INTERSOS workers and groups concerned in COVID-19 preparedness and response actions
- present strategic route, in collaboration with the INTERSOS Medical Coordinator, Country Director, WASH Manager, different well being companions and State-based well being working teams on INTERSOS engagement in COVID-19 preparedness actions
- coordinate and implement COVAX and COVID-19 preparedness actions and
assist coordinate responses on coordination with well being IPC programming in static undertaking websites; he/she’s going to help emergency response interventions particular to COVID-19 response.**Main tasks and duties**
Develop and keep acceptable communication with the groups and different related stakeholders.
Participate and proactively have interaction in COVAX – COVID-19 preparedness coordination conferences and dealing teams at State, National and area degree. Provide abstract notes off all exterior conferences for related inside stakeholders.
Develop and ship coaching on COVID-19 preparedness to INTERSOS workers.
Proactively community with clusters and well being and WASH companies to determine alternatives to collaborate.
Review and replace related Project Agreements, and Memorandum of Understanding.
Ensure clear inside coordination throughout the undertaking groups and different help groups (Logistics, Human Resources, Finance, Field Base).
Provide updates throughout varied conferences comparable to advisor’s and administration, or some other advert hoc conferences.
In coordination with the Country Staff Health Focal Point, assess the necessity for and contribute in direction of the design and implementation of in-country COVID-19-related workers well being protocols and procedures.
Manage COVID-19 and COVAX preparedness actions, alongside the related area PM and PC, to satisfy the undertaking targets inside price range and allotted time-frame.
React rapidly to disaster and manage & implement acceptable assessments and responses.
Contribute to the event and implementation of a COVAX INTERSOS Cross-Country technique and a harmonized COVID-19 preparedness and response technique.
Continuously monitor and supervise COVID-19 preparedness and response actions, evaluating progress by outputs and affect. Provide enter into the combination of beneficiary participation and accountability.
Ensure correct and well timed reporting of actions in response to relevant timeframes and codecs.
Participate within the growth of interventions and new proposals, linked to the assessed wants and gaps.
Reach out to different actors to seek out those that can reply to wants which transcend assets of INTERSOS.
ii. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support in growing and implementing the ECHO COVAX undertaking monitoring and analysis plan, and well timed submission of reviews and different doc necessities.
- Provide suggestions on undertaking implementation modality and help in reaching most effectivity in undertaking supply. Undertake common participatory monitoring and verification visits to make sure enough progress in opposition to motion plans, outputs and making certain that high quality parts are signed off. Provide recommendation on any corrective motion crucial.
iii. Capacity constructing
- Train related workers on varied features of COVAX administration and protection, COVID-19 preparedness, IPC, and many others., consistent with established SOPs.
- Compile and handle, and make obtainable, related info associated to COVAX, COVID-19 for employees entry.
- Support growth of INTERSOS- (tailor-made) coaching curriculum, EnergyPoint slides, IEC supplies and many others.
- Support the event of a COVAX – COVID 19 photographs database, together with IEC/BCC materials validated and utilized by INTERSOS Nigeria and companions.
iv. Quality Management/Project Design
- Responsible for making certain undertaking implementation is in response to INTERSOS Nigeria, ECHO and worldwide pointers, together with Medical Coordinator.
- Contribute in direction of setting targets of COVAX undertaking, emergency COVID-19-related well being/WASH assessments and interventions, monitoring progress, and many others.
- Decide on new actions and new undertaking websites and supply enter concerning future plans and modifications.
- Improve the standard of the undertaking, together with assessments, monitoring and analysis, implementation of Core Humanitarian Standards and safety mainstreaming.
- Work with the logistics and provide chain division to make sure inventory, buy requests, money forecasts and motion requests are submitted.
- Support the logistics actions of well being and WASH workers, in relation to the buying of COVID-19 associated provides, and many others. Liaise with the well being, WASH and logistics workers to make sure that high quality objects are procured, transported, saved, and many others.
- Support the Head of Base in making certain correct social distancing and different preparedness measures are carried out in space of operations.
- Management of the Project price range and guarantee undertaking reporting conforms to donor guidelines and rules.
- Management of direct reviews (together with growth, efficiency, and recruitment)
- Support and mentor workforce members by figuring out clear deliverables and offering coaching and training
- Support and monitor program workers planning of actions.**Required profile and expertise**
An Advanced Degree in Public Health associated area or one other acceptable diploma with a mix of working expertise in public well being outbreaks comparable to Ebola, Lassa Fever, Cholera and many others.
- At least 5 years’ confirmed expertise in undertaking administration: planning, implementing and evaluating emergency-related initiatives.
- Thorough data of well being emergencies operations and implementation.
- Highly self-driven whereas striving for perfection below minimal supervision.
Experience working in emergency response with NGOs, ideally in a humanitarian context**Professional Requirements**
In this place, you might be anticipated to show INTERSOS’s 5 core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You deal with reaching outcomes whereas making certain an environment friendly course of.
Collaborating: You are a robust networker and revel in working with many several types of stakeholders, you contain related events and encourage suggestions.
Taking the lead: You take possession and initiative whereas balancing the function of advisor and taking management
Communicating: You write and converse successfully and truthfully and show political and cultural sensitivity, together with capability to adapt nicely to native cultures
Demonstrating integrity: You act consistent with our imaginative and prescient and values.**Languages**
English Language, with data of Hausa and/Kanuri an added benefit
A targeted, organised particular person who’s a teamplayer in a position to function below disturbing environments
Please observe that our application course of is made of three fast steps: register (together with your identify, electronic mail, password, citizenship and Skype tackle), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be capable to monitor their functions’ historical past with INTERSOS. In case you encounter extreme difficulties making use of by the platform, you’ll be able to ship an electronic mail attaching your CV and motivation letter (each in PDF model) through electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with topic line: “Platform subject – SR-49-2471-Position”.
Please additionally point out the identify, place and make contact with particulars of at the least two references, together with the road supervisor throughout your final job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will probably be contacted for the primary interview.
Interested and certified? Go to INTERSOS on www.intersos.org to use