International Medical Corps is due to this fact in search of an appropriate candidate to fill the place of
Protection Officer to be based mostly in Shani.
Position: Nigerian nationals solely
The chosen candidate will work as a part of the core group to make sure that gender and safety problems with beneficiaries are recognized and addressed in any respect phases whereas implementing resilience and social cohesion Nutrition and Livelihood Program by IMC in Shani LGA.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure the supply of safety actions in all Nutrition and livelihood websites coated by IMC inside Shani LGA.
- Undertake common area visits with the groups to determine and tackle, together with the sectorial groups, potential safety issues arising from IMC humanitarian response.
- Prepare for and manage group consultations and community-based orientation classes, in coordination with IMC group(s) and different companions.
- Participates in growing and updating the mapping of providers for threats and abuses (together with GBV) that beneficiaries face in IMC operation areas.
- Lead and supervise evaluation groups throughout thematic surveys, wants evaluation and information assortment for protection-related analysis.
- With assist of the Project Manager, follow-up with humanitarian actors about requests and invites for group classes.
- Monitor safety points affecting host inhabitants in IMC areas of operation.
- Support the Project Manager and Team to strategize, plan for and guarantee acceptable integration and mainstreaming of safety via all program actions and the varied phases in a distribution website.
- With assist of the Project Manager, develop and replace related Information, Education and Communication instruments (leaflets, brochures, posters and many others.) that can be utilized throughout beneficiaries’ sensitization classes.
- Support the Project Manager in growing protected programming and conflict-sensitive approaches to the humanitarian response.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, guarantee program employees are absolutely educated on current referral methods and related SOPs for cover circumstances, embody coaching of group/ beneficiaries, group leaders, Project Management Committees (PMCs), Lead Mothers and key stakeholders on safety points as per the challenge coaching plan.
- Sensitize beneficiaries on accessible suggestions mechanisms and preserve an open communication with them to acquire suggestions and complaints as regards to safety points and guarantee corrective actions are taken and monitored.
- Ensure most weak individuals are recognized and prioritized throughout program actions.
- Disseminate safety associated findings from PDMs and make sure the suggestions are applied successfully.
- Work with the Security Manager to make sure efficient crowd management and security of beneficiaries and employees.
- Develop traces of communication and shut collaboration with the opposite safety implementing stakeholders and contribute to a coordinated humanitarian response.
- Liaise with logistic and procurement to make sure safety actions have the required sources in good time. Complete and hold information of the mandatory stories.
- Attend exterior conferences in coordination with Project Manager.
- Coordinate area actions with different IMC groups.
- Attend inner and exterior safety associated conferences.
- Produce gender and safety updates that might be included in area go to stories.
- Organize and put together common safety evaluation stories.
- Contribute in biweekly/month-to-month stories, donor stories and proposals.
- Prepare weekly and month-to-month plans and facilitation of group consciousness classes on primary and specialist safety providers utilizing approaches that promote gender equality.
- Support and coordinate with M&E Officers and information clerks for surveys, post-distribution different monitoring actions.
- Support nation groups to make sure M&E processes engendered safety and guarantee studying of safety points are captured.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University diploma in a related self-discipline (legislation, political science, social science, psychology or every other related training profile), or comparable addition to expertise.
- Previous expertise in safety inside a humanitarian response and offering counseling providers which can be gender-sensitive and baby pleasant.
- Previous expertise with Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) and Cash Programming by way of e-voucher modality.
- Experience in working in Borno State
- Demonstrate expertise (minimal 2 years) in working with communities in humanitarian or growth contexts.
- Capacity and willingness to often journey to the sector areas the place IMC operates.
- Very good interpersonal abilities, significantly in networking, working with communities, native civil society and native authorities.
- Previous expertise in utilizing and adapting community-led approaches.
- Good understanding and data in application of do no hurt, battle sensitivity rules and IMC requirements and ethics for cover work.
- Good understanding of safety issues, together with GBV points in displacement, human rights, and worldwide humanitarian legislation.
- Proven analytical abilities.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, studying, adaptation and analysis good ranges of spoken and written English.
- Understanding of native dialects — Hausa and Kanakuru and Burah.
- Commitment to humanitarian rules and motion and to IMCs equal alternative and gender insurance policies.
- Excellent laptop data and abilities of utilizing Microsoft phrase, energy level and excel.
- Qualified feminine candidates are strongly inspired to use
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) requirements inside International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a tradition of compliance and ethics all through International Medical Corps. As relevant to the place, maintains a transparent understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics requirements and adheres to these requirements. Conducts work with the very best stage of integrity. Communicate these values to employees and to companions and to require them to stick to those values.
International Medical Corps is proud to offer equal employment alternatives to all staff and certified candidates with out regard to race, coloration, faith, intercourse, sexual orientation, nationwide or ethnic origin, age, incapacity or standing as a veteran.
Due to the pressing want of the place purposes acquired might be reviewed on a rolling foundation.
International Medical Corps by no means asks job candidates for a charge, cost, or different financial transaction. If you’re requested for cash in reference to this recruitment, please report back to International Medical Corps on the reporting e mail tackle supplied on the finish of this doc. International Medical Corps’ Reporting e mail tackle: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please don’t submit your CV or application to the reporting e mail tackle, it won’t be thought of for assessment
All purposes needs to be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps through the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates MUST state the place and placement they’re making use of for because the Subject of their e mail, application letter and curriculum vitae needs to be in a single Microsoft Word Document, in any other case purposes won’t be thought of.