Job ID: R1846
Employment Type: Full-time
Position Reports To: State Coordinator
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria undertaking applied by way of a consortium led by MSH.
- The undertaking is supporting the Government of Nigeria by way of its companies on the federal, state, LGA and neighborhood ranges to cut back under-five and maternal mortality by delivering high quality providers for administration of malaria, its problems, and prevention.
- PMI-S undertaking focuses on strengthening the capability of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The State Technical Malaria Lead will likely be liable for supporting the State Coordinator with technical management of this system by offering malaria technical experience within the conceptualization and implementation of state programs and processes to assist efficient and environment friendly supply of malaria providers.
- S/he’ll function a useful resource for up-to-date technical data on malaria management and elimination to USAID PMI and key stakeholders together with the State Malaria Elimination Program.
- The place will oversee malaria providers high quality assurance initiatives on the state stage together with enhancements to analysis by way of RDTs and microscopy, and correct remedy of each extreme and uncomplicated circumstances of malaria utilizing nationwide remedy tips; IPTp, iCCM, and SMC implementation the place relevant.
- Provide technical management within the improvement and monitoring of the state malaria annual work plan (AOP) and work intently with the State Coordinator to implement and monitor departmental work plans.
- Engage the State Malaria Elimination Program, SPHCDA, HMB, and related SMOH entities and companions to share progress, accomplishments, and challenges and guarantee widespread understanding of present in addition to future malaria technical route.
- Interacts with the important thing stakeholders within the malaria partnership at state stage
- Collaborate with the State Coordinator and the Finance and Operations Manager to optimize and make the most of undertaking sources in essentially the most environment friendly technique to obtain undertaking outcomes.
- Lead and supervise the undertaking’s malaria technical crew on the state stage
- Build capability of SMEP and roll out a mentoring and supportive supervision program in any respect ranges of the state well being system
- Provide technical contributions to the state M&E/HSS officer within the improvement and implementation of a undertaking surveillance monitoring and analysis (SME) system together with monitoring the malaria cascade (individuals with fever, examined with RDT/microscopy, positives handled with ACT, and end result of remedy) and the associated commodity knowledge.
- Provide TA to the SMEP on efficient engagement of personal sector well being service suppliers in planning and implementation of state malaria elimination applications
- Contribute to writing undertaking experiences, documentation of fine practices, and technical publications
- Contribute to visibility of PMI for States Project work by way of progressive presentation of undertaking approaches and outcomes at state, federal and worldwide ranges.
Qualifications, Experience and Required Skills and Competencies
- Advanced Degree in Health and Postgraduate qualification in Public Health or associated self-discipline. 7+ years of associated expertise is required.
- Experience in worldwide public well being extremely most well-liked. Extensive information of a extremely technical subject and a extremely certified and acknowledged knowledgeable within the subject.
- Ability to handle groups, provoke and manage work, set up priorities in a time-sensitive atmosphere, and meet deadlines with consideration to element and high quality.
- Should have good understanding of the Nigerian well being system and the interrelationships inside the private and non-private well being sector.
- Knowledge and minimal of three years of progressively accountable expertise engaged on malaria management in private and non-private in Nigeria
- In depth information of malaria and public well being rules with confirmed technical abilities in malaria, together with malaria case administration, and built-in neighborhood case administration of childhood sicknesses
- Experience working with Ministry of Health and different Health Departments/Agencies on coverage and technique formulation at nationwide and/or subnational ranges;
- Experience with broader human useful resource capability constructing
- Nigerian with good understanding of native context.
- Significant expertise in undertaking administration, program coordination and sound negotiation abilities with malaria companions;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation abilities.
- Ability to Multi activity and manage ongoing initiatives, on the lookout for methods to turn out to be extra environment friendly in finishing duties.
Management Sciences for Health presents aggressive salaries and a complete worker advantages bundle.